BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Class: 'ShE iS No OrDiNaRy PeRsOn!!!'

Monday (12th July 2010)

This date marks my first class and meeting with Pn.Foziah, the lecturer for this subject. As the lady introduces herself to 75 of us, I realised that she was no ordinary person. She looks so firm, yet gentle in nature.  She begins her introductory speech with a huge smile on her face.

Then, she continues talking about the course. Why 'resources'? She explains that in this course we are expected to collect and compile our teaching aids, task sheets, work sheets, videos such as songs and movies, to be used later, for our teaching practice. First and foremost, we were asked to buy an 8gb pendrive, bring a photograph (passport-sized photo would be better) for the next class, download a copy of photoshop cs3 and get a copy of the book 'Preparing and Using Visual Aids for English Language Teaching'.

Looking at the list of the 'must have things', I am so sure that, this is just going to be a hectic semester. It's like testing us whether we have technology at our fingertips or not. Frankly speaking, I have a very little skill in this field. It's like so much of things to get familiarised with. And all these things are still 'strangers' for me. But things are moving so fast that I will not even have time to get to know them very well. It's like I'm being invaded by this knowledge and the speed. Being a bit slow all this while does give my life a massive impact. It's like there are so many things happened within a second. And one thing that is compulsory is 'Get updated!!!'. So, I'm adapting to changes and somehow the expectation of the course changes my routine. It's not book anymore, it's all about venturing the virtual world.  The more you explore, the more you gained.

'Why keep a dog and bark yourself'. This sayings really explains what Pn. Foziah tells us. Technology is a tool. It aids learning. Teachers who can make good use of it may find teaching and learning becomes more effective and exciting. When it is there to assist, why can't we grab it and use it, so that things become easier and knowledge spreads faster than we could imagine. So, I need to do some homework in order to move on with the speed. But, I'll make good use of this moment to explore and learn more as I believe we must strike while the iron is hot.








 So, that's all I have to reflect and write for the moment. Looking forward to seeing you on the next post. 

0 comments: